1. The packet of soya sticks would be consumed in ½ hr by my kids before WFPB. Now a packet is lying around for more than a week, the kids and I are unable to handle the amount of salt in it. Thanks to WFPB less salt food.
2. We completely stopped procuring biscuits at home. It was not an easy task especially with kids around. But kids hesitantly agreed to it. The only way the biscuits find their way into the house is when our loving guests get them. The pleasant change now is that the biscuit packets don’t vanish at the same pace as it used to happen before. In fact, if I put away biscuits, the kids don’t even ask for it. Out of sight is out of mind. No more biscuit cravings.
3. We now eat only brown rice. Other day a good friend called us over for lunch and served us white rice. My son, after getting back home, told us that he didn’t like the white rice at all and he loved the brown rice that we cooked.
4. We were visiting my parents in Chennai and both my kids fell sick. They were quite disappointed as all their plans with their grandparents were spoiled. They wanted to become better quickly, and to our pleasant surprise they started demanding WFPB kind of food with their grandparents. They refused dairy and were on high fruit diet the whole time. They got well in a day or two.
5. As for myself, though I follow a WFPB diet 90% of the time. My love for cheese makes me cheat every time I am around it. But the biggest change is that, I don’t feel the same or eat like before. I could finish a one full medium pizza just for the cheese. Now I feel bloated and pukey with just one slice and I stop eating just there. Hoping to come over this craving soon. At home now we have started making vegan cheese which is equally yummy.
6. Gobi Manchurian and any Chinese dish from any outside restaurant just doesn’t taste the same anymore. I can just taste the oil and salt in it. I now prefer the no-oil, less salt version I prepare at home.