Healthy food recipe for child can be designed using a blend of healthy whole plant foods.
Children have a need for higher calorie density in their food. But if these calories come from unhealthy foods, it can lead to early onset of diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, obesity or PCOS as they grow up.
Implement these tips to improve your children's health while ensuring they get enough energy to burn and grow healthy:
1. Eliminate oil and add one or two servings of nuts daily. Each serving is 30 grams, quarter cup, or one handful of nuts. They can be any nuts of your choice, for example, peanut, almond, cashew, walnut, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or watermelon seeds.
2. Choose whole grains rather than processed grains. White rice is not just empty calories, it is actually harmful calories. Eliminate white rice, maida, refined wheat. Replace them with brown rice, red rice, black rice, millets, or whole wheat.
3. Innovate on recipes along with your children. If you make something, they may not eat it. But if they make it themselves, they are more likely to enjoy it. Here are some examples of healthy food recipe for child you can try at home:
- Hara Bhara Kebab with Spinach and Coriander Leaves
- Palak Paratha with Peanut Butter
- Tofu 'Butter' Masala with Cashew Cream
- Alphabet Ragi Dosa
- Spinach & Corn Whole Wheat Rolls
- Fruit Skewers
- Vegetable Fingers with Roasted Bell Pepper Hummus
- Mini Millet Idlis
The possibilities are endless!
Check out 200+ delicious Whole Food Plant Based Recipes on the NutritionScience.in Plant Based Recipes course that you can make with your child.
We know how tough it is to eat healthy everyday - that's why we started the SampoornaAhara.com Daily Meal Delivery to keep your family safe and healthy. You can also get a wide range of healthy plant-based sweets and snacks!
How useful did you find this article? Comment here and let us know.
Do share with your friends and family, so that can enjoy healthier lifestyles too!
Dr Achyuthan Eswar